Thursday, October 13, 2011

PERSPECTIVE: Fighting Chance Productions' "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum"

blp_fcp_blog-2214
(Peter Stainton as Senex, surrounded by courtesans. © 2011 Benjamin Luk.)

Early in October, I was tasked with shooting the dress rehearsal of Sondheim's "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" by Fighting Chance Productions. My job was to provide them with images they could send out in reviews of their show. I took that to mean I got a free show all to myself with the ability to photograph as I pleased. I still can't believe I'm getting paid for this.

blp_fcp_blog-2240
(Cameron Dunster as Hero and Elyse Malloway as Philia. © 2011 Benjamin Luk.)

Reviews from [Re]View From The House and The Georgia Straight can be seen from the links provided. Fighting Chance Productions will remain a repeat client of mine for the next few months, as they hire me again to shoot their production of "The Temperamentals" and possibly promo work for their 2012/13 season. As a closet theatre nerd, I couldn't be more excited.

blp_fcp_blog-2188
(Michael Wild as Hysterium and Ryan Mooney as Pseudolus. © 2011 Benjamin Luk.)

Benjamin Luk Photography is available for assignment at BenjaminLuk.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment