Friday, June 11, 2010

PERSPECTIVE: 2010 BCHS Track & Field Championships

blp_bchs2010_derez-5065
(Runners at the 2010 BCHS Track & Field Championships. © 2010 Benjamin Luk.)

In early June, a colleague of mine filled me in on a promising project to shoot. The 2010 BCHS Track & Field Championships were happening at Swangard Stadium in Burnaby, BC; practically a stone's throw from where I live. Jumping at the chance to add more to my limited sports photography portfolio, I agreed to the project and found myself awake at 7 AM last Friday en route to Swangard.

blp_bchs2010_derez
(A pole vaulter from Oak Bay, standing in front of his record-breaking score. © 2010 Benjamin Luk.)

We shot for two days, covering every event we could. The photos produced from our assignment will be published next year in the 2011 BCHS Track & Field Championships event program. Out of the 900+ images I shot, I can't wait to see what will be published. Shooting for them again next year remains a possibility. Special thanks to Colten Warne for bringing me on board.

blp_bchs2010_derez-4816
(A student of New Westminster Secondary prepares for his javelin throw. © 2010 Benjamin Luk.)

Benjamin Luk Photography is available for assignment at BenjaminLuk.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment